In this privacy statement, “our”, “we” and “us” refer to Dar Al Takaful.
Due to the nature of the internet, Dar Al Takaful does not warrant that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. The user assumes the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the site.
New Policy & Renewals
You have chosen to make an online payment against your insurance policy by credit card. You will be required to enter your credit card details online and we will seek authorization to charge your credit card for the amount selected.
At Dar Al Takaful we have ensured that your privacy is not compromised.
The personal information that you enter is encrypted using the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol. What this means is that all your information is sent through a secure ‘pipeline’ between yourself and Dar Al Takaful making it unreadable when it is being transmitted.
- How we use your information and who we share it with
- Fraud Prevention Agencies
- Use of your Personal Information
- Collection of Information
- Exchange of Information
- Preventing and Detecting Fraud
- Additional Products
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Use of Personal Information for Marketing
- Dealing with other people
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Further Information
- Copyright And Trademarks
- Policy Updates
How we use your information and who we share it with
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Dar Al Takaful except:
- Where we have your permission; or
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- To other companies who provide a service to us or you; or
We may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the Gulf Area. If we do this we will seek to ensure that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection.
Fraud prevention agencies
To keep premiums low we do participate in a number of industry initiatives to prevent and detect fraud. To help prevent crime we may:
- Share information about you with other organizations and public bodies including the police;
- Share information about you within the Dar Al Takaful and with other insurers;
- Pass your details to recognized centralized insurance industry applications and claims review systems where your details may be checked and updated;
- Check your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we may record this with fraud prevention agencies;
- Search records held by fraud prevention and credit agencies to:
- Help make decisions about credit services for you and members of your household;
- Help make decisions on insurance policies and claims for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering;
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
Use of your Personal Information
Your “personal information” means any information that you have given to us, or third parties, in connection with a service or product offered whether through use of this web site, by phone, in person or in writing.
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information.
When you buy a product or service from us, you will have access to a policy document relating to that product or service. If there is any conflict between the terms of this privacy statement and those of the specific privacy statement that applies to a particular product, then the terms of the latter will prevail.
This document should be shown to anyone else who is covered by, or a party to, any services or policies you buy from us. We may make changes to this privacy statement from time to time. Such changes will be effective from the time they appear on the Site. You can check the effective date at the end of document allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the policy. Therefore, you should remember to check this privacy statement from time to time.
Collection of Information
We collect information strictly in accordance with the international standards of Data Protection. When we collect personal information directly from you, if you ask for a quote or purchase a product or service from us we will do our best to ensure that information is kept up to date and accurate. Please assist us in this by advising us of any changes as soon as possible.
We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our systems and so, from time to time, we may use your personal information during staff training and/or system testing.
Exchange of Information
At various times, we will exchange personal information with certain other approved organizations for underwriting and fraud prevention purposes and we may provide such information to others where required or permitted by law. Also, your personal information will sometimes be used and analyzed by us and other companies in the Dar Al Takaful for the following purposes:
- Managing and administering products and services that we supply – in the case of insurance products this will include underwriting, reinsurance and claims handling purposes and may include disclosing your information to other insurers, reinsurers, regulatory authorities or to our agents who provide services on our behalf;
- Considering any applications for products you may make and to help in making credit-related decisions about you where appropriate;
- Servicing other relationships you may have within the Dar Al Takaful;
- Financial risk assessment, money laundering checks, compliance and regulatory reporting and fraud prevention;
- Assisting in making decisions on insurance proposals, other products and any claims made by you, members of your household, and others connected with your insurance proposals and claims; and
- Helping us and the Dar Al Takaful to develop new and innovative products and services.
We may send data in confidence for processing to other companies within the Dar Al Takaful (or companies acting on their instructions) including those operating outside Gulf Region. By entering your details onto our website you are consenting to such use of your personal data.
Disclosure of your information to a third party outside of the Dar Al Takaful will only be made where the third party has agreed to keep your personal information strictly confidential and use it only for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them and:
- It is necessary for the performance of any product/service agreement we have with you;
- You have given your consent to the disclosure;
- Such disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- We are entitled to transfer rights and/or obligations as provided under the terms of any policy you may purchase;
- Any such third party provides benefits or services to you under or in connection with any product/service agreement with you; or
- It is a credit reference or fraud prevention agency.
Enhancements in technology may result in changes in the way we view, record and use your personal information. If we think the changes could be to your disadvantage, we will advise you, by email and by posting a notice of amendment on the Site, at least 30 days before the changes become effective. If you then continue to use a service or product for a further 60 days we will assume you have consented to the changes.
Preventing and Detecting Fraud
We may, at any time, employ the following processes and system to prevent and detect fraud.
- Share your information across the Dar Al Takaful, with other insurers and, the international Data Protection Standards, the police and other law enforcement agencies
- Pass your details to centralized insurance applications and claims checking systems by, or on behalf of, or shared with other insurers. These may include, for example, Insurance Hunter and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register
- Check your details with fraud prevention agencies and, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, record this with the fraud prevention agency.
- We and other organizations may also use and search these records to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit-related services for you and members of your household
- Help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and claims for you and members of your household;
- Trace people who owe money, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us satisfactory proof of identity; and
- Carry out credit searches, electoral role searches and further fraud searches.
If you are an existing customer of Dar Al Takaful and purchasing additional product/service from us, your details will be passed to the appropriate provider as shown below:
- Breakdown Claims – IMC Holdings
- Replacement Cars – IMC Holdings
Credit Reference Agencies
We make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply us with information, including your credit information. The agencies will record details of the search whether or not this application precedes. We may use scoring methods to assess this application and to verify your identity. Credit searches and other information which is provided to us and/or the credit reference agencies, about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used by us if you, or other members of your household, apply for other facilities including insurance applications and claims. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
The information you supply may be used by us, other members of the Dar Al Takaful and carefully selected Third Parties for research purposes or to inform you of other products or services that may be of interest to you, unless you have advised us otherwise. On each occasion that we contact you for these purposes, you will always be given the option to opt out of any further communication.
If you have provided your contact information to us and would prefer not to receive marketing information, or to participate in research, simply contact us to let us know.
Dealing with Other People
If your spouse or partner contacts us on your behalf, due to data protection, we will be unable to answer their queries. However, if you require your spouse, partner or another third party to be able to discuss your policy, please contact Dar Al Takaful and inform us of whom you would like to speak on your behalf. However, this will exclude them from being able to cancel the policy as we require speaking to the policyholder regarding cancellations.
We will not reveal any credit or debit card numbers to anyone other than the policyholder.
Sensitive Personal Information
To provide you with some of our products or services, we may need to collect and process sensitive personal information (such as information about any criminal convictions or the state of your health) about you and others who are a party to the service or product. We will only use sensitive personal data for the specific purpose for which you provide it. Please ensure that you only provide us with sensitive information about other people with their express agreement.
A cookie is a piece of information stored on the hard drive of a computer by a web server to enhance and simplify a website user’s experience by identifying a user if he or she has previously accessed that website. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and cannot harm a user’s computer system. You can find out more about the way cookies work on cookie central.
The cookies used on the Site do not include any information that others could read and understand about you such as your name or any account or policy number. They contain no personal information about you.
Most Internet browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However this will restrict the services you can use.
You should be aware that any telephone calls made to us may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud. Therefore, your use of this means of communication means that you accept and consent to this.
Copyright And Trademarks
Dar Al Takaful owns the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website. These may not be used without the written permission.
Materials on this site are protected by copyright. No part of these materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without Dar Al Takaful’s prior written consent.
This privacy statement has been updated recently. Last update: 01 January 2013